Forum Discussion

DCress
Level 3
11 years ago

NFS Export of Solaris, Non-Global Zone, Direct Mounted VxFS Filesystem

Solaris 10 Update 11

SF-HA 6.1 with VxVM update 100

I've got a direct mounted VxFS filesystem in a Solaris non-global zone that needs to be NFS shared.  This would be part of a failover group.

group dbprod1 (
        SystemList = { mia-sgz-p11 = 0, mia-sgz-p12 = 1 }
        AutoStartList = { mia-sgz-p11, mia-sgz-p12 }
        )

Mount MNT_prod1_rpt1_arch01 (
                Critical = 0
                MountPoint @mia-sgz-p11 = "/export/zones/mia-sdb-p04/root/od/prod1_rpt1_arch01"
                MountPoint @mia-sgz-p12 = "/export/zones/mia-sdb-p05/root/od/prod1_rpt1_arch01"
                BlockDevice = "/dev/vx/dsk/prod1_dg/prod1_rpt1_arch01"
                FSType = vxfs
                FsckOpt = "-y"
                )

I've read over both 6.1 bundled agent guide and the virtualization gudie and cannot figure out how to get NFS Server to start in the non-global zones.  This service group will control one of two Oracle databses running in this local zone.  The databases have to be able to failover independently of each other.

• OK, that document was half of what I needed, another doc shows disabling autostart on two more NFS services.  This has fxed all the problems I've been having in this thread.

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sf/5.0MP3/aix/html/vcs_bundled_agents/ch_fileservice_agents12.html

svccfg -s nfs/status setprop "application/auto_enable = false"
    svcadm refresh nfs/status
    svccfg -s nfs/nlockmgr setprop "application/auto_enable = false"
    svcadm refresh nfs/nlockmgr
    svccfg -s nfs/server setprop "application/auto_enable = false"
    svcadm refresh nfs/server
    svccfg -s nfs/mapid setprop "application/auto_enable = false"
    svcadm refresh nfs/mapid

Mike,

Thank you for all your help on this, the wall next to my desk has a large head imprint. :)

13 Replies