Forum Discussion

Ashon1
Level 4
14 years ago

VCS 5.1 Remote cluster configuration

Hello all,

I am trying to link two VCS clusters together using the Remote Cluster Configuration Wizard and I keep getting the following error message VCS error V-16-10-39.  Following error were encountered while connecting to the cluster: Connection Refused.  Please change the data and try again or press cancel to exit the wizard.

Has anyone run across this error before?

14 Replies

• If you can login then AB should be set-up.  Sometimes there is more than one vssat.exe installed - try searching for this file and if there is more than one, at command prompt "cd" to each directory and try "vssat showallbrokerdomains"

Mike

• vssat is in two locations 'program files\veritas\security\authentication\bin" and "program files (x86)\veritas\security\authentication\bin"

tried both locations... same message

Broker - Domain Entries in Local Registry: 0

• I don't understand why you get this - you should get a list of the Windows domains of domain type nt on all the cluster nodes and on the root broker you should also see a root domain of domain type vx.

You could try the following:

logon to local VCS java GUI on one of the cluster nodes - i.e use the GUI on the cluster node, not a GUI you might have installed on a client PC.  Then run "vssat showcred" on the cluster node and this should show you the credential that you got when you logged onto the GUI.  If this works, please send output.

Mike