Forum Discussion

tanislavm
Level 6
11 years ago

vcs upgrade

Hi, Please I like to find out how I should upgrade vcs on 2 nodes cluster.I run that on solaris 10. The steps are like: - hastop -local -evacuate ;stop vcs on node a and evacuate group on node b who runs vcs. - init 1, single user in node a - apply patch - reboot node a - hastart ;start vcs on node a - hastop -local -evacuate;stop vcs on node b and evacuate groups on node a - init 1;node b on single user mode -apply patch - reboot node b - hagrp -switch to tnx so much, marius
  • With active node being node "a"

If you choose "a" first, then you create an outage straight away when you switch the group to "b" and then after you have upgrade "a", you create a second outage as you switch group back to "a", so you can upgrade "b"

Where as if you upgrade "b" first, then there is no initial outage, and then after you have upgrade "b", you create your first and only outage as you switch to "b", so you can upgrade "a".  Note there should be no need to switch group from "b" to "a" after upgrading "a" as your service groups should be equally capable of running on either node.

Mike

16 Replies