Forum Discussion

Girijesh
Level 3
11 years ago

Symantec DLO 7.5

Hi 

I am looking for Solutions DLO, I need tobe   implemented  DLO in Two different domain  i.e  User is member of abc.com while Computer account is member of

xyz.com .

User need to backup their  all documents  which is saved in different location of  Disk , preferably by using location name rather then File type . 

Thanks  . 

3 Replies

• ...what exactly are you looking for? For someone here to design your solution for the client?

Thanks!

• Hi Girijesh,

Its not often that I've seen DLO setup like this, where users are on different domain and computers on different. Even if you manage to setup in cross-domain environment, it may be difficult to manage and to troubleshoot a issue, not because software does not have capability but due to the fact the you are creating a complex enviroment. I would personally recommend a DLO setup where users and computers are part of same domain.

However, you may explore more from DLO admin guide which you can download from this link http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6413

See the initial pages, page 19-21 under the heading 'Before you install' and also page 96, Profile user settings.

• Hello All,

Does anyone have idea what could be causing below error after installing DLO 7.5 sp1 on windows 8 pro (build 9200)?

Information V-138-57364-7 - unable to configure the desktop agent. No settings found for the current user and no automatic user assignment.

P.S Some windows 8 users are ok and all configuration has been done from DLO console.

Thanks and regards