Forum Discussion

moorrees
Level 3
10 years ago

allowed list of WSUS appliable patches

Hi,

i want to start using an internal Wsus server for our clearwell servers, but i am wondering, can any Microsoft offered patch be applied? including the MS Office patches?

are there certain patches that we need to exclude?

If so, is there list of KB numbers that i should NOT apply to a Clearwell server? Are all MS updates tested for compatibility by Symantec? or does Symantec have a list of verified patches that are allowed to be applied?

• I think this would help you out:

What Windows (MS) Updates are approved for the Clearwell (CW) server?

Problem

A Clearwell (CW) system administrator would like to know what Windows (MS) Updates are approved for the Clearwell (CW) server.

Cause

• Windows (MS) Updates part of a push to all servers in the network with the Clearwell (CW) server included.
    • Windows (MS) Updates have not been applied to the Clearwell (CW) server. 
    • Windows (MS) Updates are available for the Clearwell (CW) server.

Solution

Clearwell support maintains a list of Microsoft patches that are currently running in the internal labs which do not cause any known issues, the link to the reports is bit.ly/1Ean3N8

If a patch is believed to cause issues, it is recommended to remove it from the system and to contact support directly so the patch can be fully investigated.

3 Replies

• I think this would help you out:

What Windows (MS) Updates are approved for the Clearwell (CW) server?

Problem

A Clearwell (CW) system administrator would like to know what Windows (MS) Updates are approved for the Clearwell (CW) server.

Cause

• Windows (MS) Updates part of a push to all servers in the network with the Clearwell (CW) server included.
    • Windows (MS) Updates have not been applied to the Clearwell (CW) server. 
    • Windows (MS) Updates are available for the Clearwell (CW) server.

Solution

Clearwell support maintains a list of Microsoft patches that are currently running in the internal labs which do not cause any known issues, the link to the reports is bit.ly/1Ean3N8

If a patch is believed to cause issues, it is recommended to remove it from the system and to contact support directly so the patch can be fully investigated.

• hi,

this ideed does help.

In the bottom of the exported html files i can see it is probably generated from a WSUS server with a powershell script. Is this something symantec IP? or is it shareable, and useable the other way around? could i use it (alter it) to apply this approvals to a newly created group within my WSUS server?

Because the list is updated regularly, and is it is a real pain to go over the list every month to see the 'new approvals'.

• You might want to see if your Partner manager can put you in contact with a RPM. (Regional Product Manager) 

Or you could ping Daly Whyte.  He may be able to assist.

Best,