Forum Discussion

da57836
Level 2
9 years ago

Clearwell Preprocessing - de-dupe of outlook conversation history

Does Clearwell effectively de-dupe a series of conversations that build on each other via Lync 2013/Outlook?  For example, if I've started a chat with someone, then we go idle for 10 minutes, the conversation is saved in my Outlook Conversation History folder.  If we start chatting again, then I close the conversation window, the Conversation is saved again.  During preprocessing, will Clearwell de-dupe (i.e. remove the first conversation) before processing and review?

4 Replies

• Hello da57836,

How are these to be ingested, are they as loose files (text/xml for instance)?

If this is the case I am not sure they would be de-duped on a conversation basis, the de-dupe would be against the file and the full file contents. On e-mails it works a bit different as with reply/forward we're able to determine this is the case from the structure.

• Ingested as emails.  Skype for Business / Lync 20013 posts conversations into the Outlook "Conversation History" folder as emails.  Auto-saved emails are added after 10 minutes, then if a conversation is picked back up later, then a new email is placed in that folder with the entire conversation in there.  So the last mail in a string would have the entire conversation, and is the only mail that should be fully processed and analyzed for review.

• Hello da57836,

I could test this for you if you can send me some examples, I'm not fully certain if this will or won't as it would depend on how it's formatted.

• No, each individual email (IM) is different and Clearwell doesn't "combine" them to dedup.