Forum Discussion

18 years ago

Access Denied to Usage Reports

I have logged in to EV (6 SP2) with the EV service account. I selected Vault Store Usage. When the report is done, I see the words "Access Denied" where the usage report information should be. What higher access is it looking for other than the EV Service Account? I get the same result when I go to http:///EnterpriseVault/usage.asp.

3 Replies

• Michael,

Open up the IIS manger, expand the default website, and enterprise vault website. Click on the "usage.asp" page, and right click, to get to it's properties. Under the security tab (i think) there should be a client security button, click that and make sure that "basic authentication" is enabled. Give that a shot.

If that doesn't work, disable windows auth, and logon with the VSA as normal when you hit that asp page. You really shouldn't need to do this, but I've seen it work in the past so give it a shot.

micah
  • One caveat - If you disable Windows Intgerated Authentication here, your users will be asked to log in every time they open Outlook as the EV Client checks in with the server.