Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Adding new Vaults best practice ?

Hi All, I'm planning to change the archiving policy of my email companywide from 6 months into 3 months, so I guess it will take a lot of disk space, while my current Vault is at 90 percent full, H...
    13 years ago

Hey Dushan.

I am sorry for being late to the game and it seems like you have gotten some good help here. I think that there is an assumption that your concern is increasing your archiving rate and data while you are running out of space on your Vault Store parition. But in re-reading your postings a few times, you are either running out of space both on EV and Exchange, or your conern appears to be an issue in running out of space on Exchange. 

To answer your latest question, the size retunred is in KB. You will have to divide by 1024 to make it into MB if you would like. I think there are a lot of questions that go into determining what you are seeeking. I think you ahve a great start here but judging from your responses it sounds like you may require more assistance than a forum can provide. 

To me, I think increasing your mailbox archival policy is a good idea if you would like to reduce the size of Exchange. I would also ensure that archiving is working as expected. Likewise if you are concerned about space on EV, you can always add another VaultStore partition to your system. EV permits to expand disk space to just about any CIFS share or local storage you can muster. 

You may also want to look at revising your policies and setting an expiry period if EV space considerations are becoming a concern for you. 

THe combination of this advice should be able to get you on your way. If you still are unsure what to seek feel free to continue posting...but you may not get the infomration you are seeking in a form that you can use due to the forum. If you are seriously concerned about your production messenging and you are not able to move forward with the advice here then you should really consider getting someone with some expirence to work with you. 

I hope this helps. If your questions are all answered, please flag the appropriate posting as the solution so that we know that you are no longer seeking asssistance. 

Thanks