Forum Discussion

Tom_Felts
Level 4
19 years ago

Archiving Public Folders

Hi,

I am trying to enable archiving of one specific public folder. I have a task created, and when I try to create a new Public Folder under the exchange server, I copy the path from the properties of the PF like so: \\Public Folders\All Public Folders\D.C.\CEA

No matter how I try this, I get an error message that states that EV is unable to verify the root path. The store is mounted.

Any ideas?
  • Tom, I was trying to recreate you sub directory and ESM will not allow me to create a public folder named D.C. It craps out on the name ending with a .

I don't know a way to allow it to escape. I did create one call A.D and was able to verify it!

The path was \Root Folder\A.D and even path \Root Folder\A.D\CEA will verify.

Then I renamed it via ESM to be \Root Folder\A.D.\CEA and that verify's!! Crazy.

What version are you again? I am running 6.0 sp2.

12 Replies

• 6.0 SP2

I didn't create this path, but that may be the reason there is a space appended, ie:

\D.C. \ CEA

It was probably created in outlook, not ESM.
  • It's the space. I have renamed the offending PF to take out the space, and it is working now. Thanks for the help.