Forum Discussion

HolgerM
Level 4
15 years ago

Backing Up issues, watchfile table not cleared

Hey Folks, I am a bit stuck with a customer's Problem of having elements awaiting Backup. I Checked the following things - Archiveable Attribute is cleared by the backup Software -...
    15 years ago
    Hello Holger,

I assume you are backing up the closed partitions also?

What are the settings in the backup tab for the partitions? Archive Bit or triggerfile? (i used triggerfile)
    If triggerfile, make sure the file's date and time are of today (ie a create new instead of a copy)

I had an issue where in 1 partition it was not removing items, and it turned out that the Storage File Watch has a memory leak (check the documents, it is acknowledged, no news on this yet). Support helped me, and I set the registry keys Critical and Warning on the adminservice (reg.pdf page 24 and 29). That allowed the 'items awaiting backup' to drop slowly. I had (not totally sure of numbers) over 2 million items for a store, it dropped to the normal level in 3 weeks (!).

I used the 'manual' way of clearing this partition:
    Set the specific store in backupmode.
    created new triggerfile
    cleared backupmode
    watched taskmanager to see when Storage File Watch failed
    Set the specific store in backupmode.
    created new triggerfile
    cleared backupmode
    etc.
    Once the critical and warning were set, SFW ran without problems. (but, it took a long time to proces, I did do several steps as indicated above)