Forum Discussion

19 years ago

Cannot restore item from vault search or create basket with browser search

I’m having an odd issue with archive searching. Here’s how it goes:

1.Open Outlook 2003.
2.Click the ‘Search Vaults Button’
3.Use a keyword and get a list of archived mail
4.When I click the restore whole item button next to the archived mail I get a ‘Could not restore the item due to a server error’ response.
5.If I find the shortcut in my inbox and choose Tools>Enterprise Vault>Restore from vault, it works.

Using the browser search:

1.Go to ‘http://vaultstore.ourdomain.com/EnterpriseVault/’
2.Enter a keyword search and I am presented with a list of archived mail
3.If I try to create a new basket by clicking the ‘Create new basket’ button I get a ‘Failed to get the list of baskets’ response. Coupled with event log errors on the EVault server:

Event Type:Error
Event Source:Enterprise Vault
Event Category:Web Application (WP)
Event ID:5152
Date:1/7/2006
Time:6:49:05 PM
User:N/A
Computer:hostname
Description:
Failed to get the basket descriptions:
Shopper: OURDOMAIN\user

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.veritas.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

And:

Event Category:Web Application (WP)
Event ID:5144
Date:1/7/2006
Time:6:49:05 PM
Computer:hostname
Description:
The Shopping Service did not create the shopper's subdirectory under the expected root directory.

Expected root directory:

\\ourdomain.com\vaultstore\Data\Shopping

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.veritas.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

We keep our vault store and shopping directory on a DFS share, not sure if that is causing the problem. Any and all suggestions are appreciated, I will probably blow the server away and start from scratch if I cant square this away by EOB Monday.

Thanks!
  • You might want to triple check permissions on that folder and subdirectory and make sure the VSA has full control

6 Replies

• Funnily enough if you'd clicked the hyperlink to evevent.veritas.com in the event it tells you about that error occurring when storing shopping based on non local drives.....
  • Hi,

Did this used to work?

I would certainly try and move the shopping directory to C: drive.
    I've seen issues when it's not on local disk.
  • I'll give it a shot. It never worked as this is a new server. Will post ASAP.

Thanks for the reply.
  • Bizarre! If I use local storage as you suggested, I’m good. If I use DFS or the UNC path to the DFS share it won’t work. My vault service account has full share and NTFS access. I’ll keep experimenting with network storage.

I would say you answered my question and saved the day. Thanks!!!
  • I too have the same errors, but my shopping folder is on the local disk and it used to work:

Event Category:Web Application
    Event ID:5144
    Date:2006/06/15
    Time:09:18:21
    Computer:KVS
    Description:
    The Shopping Service did not create the shopper's subdirectory under the expected root directory.

Expected root directory:

D:\Enterprise Vault\Shopping

then i get:

Event Category:Web Application
    Event ID:5143
    Date:2006/06/15
    Time:09:18:21
    Computer:KVS
    Description:
    Failed to create a new basket
    Shopper: %domain%\%username%
    BasketName: ronel

in the web application the following error:

�Creation of the basket by the Shopping Service failed�

Everything else works, its just when you try and restore an old email from vault search or the internet, then you get error messages.

What could it be????
  • You might want to triple check permissions on that folder and subdirectory and make sure the VSA has full control