Forum Discussion

vjsanchez
Level 3
13 years ago

"Netbackup Client Service" doesn't start: windows error 1057. NB 7.0 Windows Server 2003 x86

Hi all, I have a Windows Server 2003 SP1 x86 with a NB 7.0 client installed. Recently I have rebooted it due to Windows updates. After that "Netbackup client service" doesn't start and I receive th...
    13 years ago

Just re-read this thread ....

Are you saying that the client service runs fine as Local System, just not as anything else?

The account you use must have visibility of the domain, if a domain account, and should be added to the local admins groups on the server.

When you add an account to a service it should give it extra rights so you also need to check that these have been allowed when it was added. They are as below - as per tech note listed:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50318

The NetBackup Client Service was being started by an account other than the local system account.  The NetBackup Client Service must be started an account which has the following permissions:

- Act as part of the operating system

- Replace a process level token

- Logon as a service

- Create a token object

Change the permissions for the account starting the NetBackup Client Service and restart the service.  It may be necessary to wait 10-15 minutes for replication throughout the Windows environment to occur for all changes to take affect. 

Hope this helps