Forum Discussion

AengusM
Level 4
4 years ago

Delete a folder if present in archive

I have a folder (email) in 50% of my archives that we need to delete.

Any scripts or automated ways to delete the folder?

Thanks

• Hello,

Have you considered this approach?

First, ensure the folders are empty or delete/move all items from the folder. When the folder is empty, set the following  key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Storage

DWORD - DeleteEmptyFolders

Value - 1

Restart Storage service. When the empty folder is deleted from the archive, the value of the key will be 0.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100017586

7 Replies

• Hello,

Have you considered this approach?

First, ensure the folders are empty or delete/move all items from the folder. When the folder is empty, set the following  key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Storage

DWORD - DeleteEmptyFolders

Value - 1

Restart Storage service. When the empty folder is deleted from the archive, the value of the key will be 0.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100017586

AengusM
      Level 4

Thanks Virgil,

I used that setting a few versions ago and had forgot about it.

My issue is the folders have many items so they would need to be deleted first and I didnt think that was possible but I do notice now that I can probably do that by setting a retention policy with evpm against the folder and simply expire the contents ... the then delete the empty folder.

Aengus

Prone2Typos

I do not know who else can but I think Globanet's classify can do this. It could do this by changing a retention but I believe can also seek and destroy... it has been a while... but they should know.

• Hello AengusM 

Feel free to reach out in case you want to know anything about Globanet's Classify. 

You can write to sdsouza@globanet.com