Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Deleting archive mailbox (ExchageMailboxEntry table)

Hi all,

I have some doubts about how to correctly remove a mailbox that has been archived and that I don't need to keep anymore  (like when a user leaves the Company). We ussually export all his archived mailbox to the original exchange mailbox, then we generates a PST and we can remove its archive. But, what is the correct way for doing this last step? I can go throught the EV console (Archives/Exchange Mailbox) and delete the mailbox (right button). But there's still an entry in the ExchangeMailboxEntry table. I can manually remove that row opening the table, but I wonder if there is a better and more secure way to do this (instead od editing the database table).

Thanks in advanced and best regards.

//Juan A.

• referring back to what was posted in the link i shared with you, "the user will be removed from provisioning i think after 7 failed attempts and the user no longer exists in Active Directory"

something else to check might be to see if you have the registry key set to 0 for EV to archive disabled accounts. if it's set, change it to 1 if you arent able to delete AD accounts that are no longer needed.

Archiving a mailbox with a disabled Active Directory (AD) account

Article:TECH76587  |  Created: 2009-01-09  |  Updated: 2014-01-02  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76587

16 Replies