Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Delete a Vault Store & Partition after archive migration

Greetings,

Hoping this is an easy question.  :)

EV 12.5.2 on Windows Server 2012 R2

I just finished moving 60+ Exchange Mailbox archives from some old storage (ExchangeMailbox VaultStore) onto Dell EMC ECS (EmailStorage Vault Store).

I now want to delete the old Vault store (ExchangeMailbox) but noticed that there is still quite a bit of disk storage 'in use' there.  I previously set sharing to 'No Sharing' and wasn't expecting much to be left on the old storage.

Is the old VS and VSP safe to delete now?  Is there some way to tell if there is still something in the old VS that needs to be kept?

many thanks,

Joseph

Marcde
    4 years ago

Start by checking the saveset table of this VS. Are there still entries availble? 

If so, perform a Verify - DatabaseReferences operation against it.

Regards

Marc

8 Replies

• Hi Joseph,

how did you migrate / move them?

Have the old archives in the old VS all successfully been deleted? 

Did you migrate from one VSG to another? 

There are some EVSR verify operation that could help understanding if the data available is still referenced somewhere. We've had a few situations in the past where even though all archives were deleted successfully, items were left where the process of dereferencing had not worked properly but in this case I'd recommend involving Veritas technical support to go through everything together with them. 

Regards

Marc

Joseph_Correia
      Level 5

I used the 'Move Archive Wizard' exclusively to move every archive.

Yes all of the old archives have successfully been deleted from the old VS.

No both the old VS and the new VS are in the same VSG.

Marcde

Start by checking the saveset table of this VS. Are there still entries availble? 

If so, perform a Verify - DatabaseReferences operation against it.

Regards

Marc