Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Disable Vault Cache for Desktops

I would like to disable vault cache for desktop users since they never really need to use it. In fact, it causes the EV server to do more work for those machines and seems to be a waste of resources.

I was wondering if any one knew the registry key that could be set globally for all desktops to disable vault cache. I could then use a GPO to disable them. 

I found the following key but it seems to change per client, so that doesn't seem to be sufficient. I need a key for perhaps the HKEY Local Machine that would disable it.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client\B7220192A4DCB84E9D3263DA8A37D7EE]
"OVEnabled"=dword:00000001

Thanks!
  • nooooo,

So how it works is as follows:

If you add OVEnabled to the Client location,
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client\

When you open Outlook it will move the Key into the new VaultCacheStoreID location,
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client\VaultCacheStoreID\

So all you need to do is set HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client\OVEnabled to 0 on the PCs you don't want to have OV then when the user opens his mailbox Enterprise Vault will move the key to the right location.

So, to test
    close outlook
    delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client\VaultCacheStoreID\OVEnabled
    create HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client\OVEnabled and set to 0
    open outlook
    confirm that HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client\OVEnabled has moved to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client\VaultCacheStoreID\

--wayne

15 Replies