Forum Discussion

Majid
Level 5
14 years ago

DNS alias for EV

Hi Guys, I want to change the DNS alias for my EV server, i know the procedure on how to change it from the computerentry table. My concern is that once i change the DNS alias, will the shortcuts o...
    14 years ago
    Wayne is a silly bear, the contents of the EV shortcuts do contain links to attachments and the original item You will have to use the RestoreShortcutBody registry key and then do a run now using shortcut processing only Once complete, remove the registry key, you can find more about it here http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH47364 Oh and don't forget to add the new alias to your trusted sites list for IE As for the install path question, nothing on the server needs be changed because when you install the server it will create the Rey keys and such that show the install directory and when you run the config utility to join the server to the site it will update the install path in the computer entry table He technote is just giving you a friendly warning that because it has changed to (x86) that your shopping location might break and to update it