Forum Discussion

Ezakial
Level 3
14 years ago

Drag and Drop failed on Virtual Vault for linked Mailboxes

I'm unable to move(drag & drop) items from Inbox to Virtual vault or vizversa and get a pop-up message that "You do not have permission to perform this enterprise vault operation".

Here is how EV is configured:

EV server is hosted in Exchange resource forest(contoso) and all the AD user accounts reside at Account forest(Fabrikam). Resource forest has AD 2008, Exchange 2010 Sp1 and EV 9.0.1. we are in the process of archiving l lakh plus users to EV in to resource forest. All migrated mailboxes would be of type "Linked Mailbox" on Exchange 2010 Sp1.

Here are steps followed to enable archival:

1. Migrate the mailbox from account forest to Resource forest

2. On EV console, enable the migrated mailbox for archival

3. Set additional permission to the archived item on EV server. We manually add account forest AD account(Fabrikam) to have full access(Read,Write,Delete) onto the archived item where as the resource forest AD account has the permission set automatically by EV.

I'm not sure if EV supports Drag & Drop feature into Virtual Vault for “Linked Mailbox”.

Please help....

4 Replies

• hmm... if you can repro it then I can see a Support call in your (near) future!

• is the resource account seto to be the mailbox owner against AD/Exchange?

• I think you're probably going to see this is by design because drag and drop can only be performed on the users own mailbox, in other words if you have access to someone elses vault and virtual vault, you cannot drag and drop items in there.

The tell tale sign at the moment is that you are having to manaually add the user account to have full read/write permission on the mailbox in the other domain, in order for the Virtual Vault to function the way you want it to be, the user has to be the mailbox owner set through Active Directory and be automatically granted the full read/write/access

I think to be honest support will tell you to submit as an enhancement request because its worked as designed