Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Enabling Virtual Vault and Virtual Cache

Hi Everyone!

I had installed Enterprise Vault 10 in my test server Windows Server 2008 R2, intending to perform some tests with the product and Exchange 2007. The test client runs Outlook 2007. Once enterprise vault is configured and working, and I'm able to provision the test mailboxes, I tried to enable virtual vault and virtual cache.

In the server, in the desktop policy I enabled virtual vault and virtual cache, and with the default options (install automatically, with wizard, so on).

After that, I manually provisioned, synchronized and archived on the server.

Afterwards, when I log in to my outlook client, I don't see the VCache or VVault buttons or options in the EV toolbar. If I click the toolbar + ctrl + shift in the EV Information the only error that appears is 

TESTING CONNECTION
HTTP connection failed http://WIN-GV6V5SU1CTH.test.local/EnterpriseVault (Status: 0x12)

If I ping WIN-GV6V5SU1CTH.test.local I get reply, the client and the server are directly conected in LAN.

Any ideas of how to get Virtual Cache and Virtual Vault working? Let me know any way in which I can provide more information.

Thanks!
  • If you have VM resource shortage you can installe Exchange all-in-one on the DC (this is not support by Microsoft but you can get away with in a test lab). Unfortunately, you won't be able to run DC, Exchange, EV and client ALL on one machine. This is your problem, I am 99% sure of that. :-)

17 Replies