Forum Discussion

phaul
Level 4
13 years ago

Enterprie Vault 9.0.1 Domino database design templates error

Hi EV Experts,

I Have a probem regarding enterprise vault 9.0.1 domino 8.5. While Im trying to install symantec enterprise vault database design templates i got these error message:

"User CN=<User>/O=<Domino Domain> cannot open database <domino-gateway/<domino domain>!!EVAttach.ntf[4060]"

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks.

• Sorry my last response was in response to the error regarding forms.nsf in the jpg you attached.

So for the evattach.ntf issue.

Are you able to open the evatttach.ntf with the id file that you ran evinstall.nsf with?

The only thing evinstall.nsf is trying to do is sign the ntf file.

So you can try to sign the evattach.ntf file with id file that you ran evinstall.nsf with.

If that fails then you may have a bad copy of evattach.ntf.

You can replace it by reinstalling EV on the server again.

Of course you will have to run evinstall.nsf again to update the evdomino.nsf.

7 Replies

• EVAttach.ntf is the file we use for attachment retrieving.

Ensure that the user you are usign to execute EVInstall.nsf has the proper permissions

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO37632

• Hi Gonz,

I already sign permissions to EVInstal.nsf database but it doesnt work.

• From your note you have signed the evinstall.nsf have you verfied that the id running evinstall.nsf has manager access on the EVINstall.nsf

Have you verified the following:

-The ID that runs EVInstall.nsf has manager access to the evattach.ntf.

This clearly looks like a permissions issue with the id file running the evinstall.nsf.

You best bet is to go back through the Setting up Domino Server Archiving guide and reviewing all the preinstallation tasks related to the id file running evinstall.nsf.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC2852  

Start in Section 2. "

Installing Enterprise Vault extensions for Lotus Notes

and DWA clients

"

• Hi Jim.

The person asking is Paul, not me.

I already suggested a permission issue.

• Hi Jim,

I've already set the permissions to EVInstal.nsf and other databases needed but the error is always the same. Please see attached error.

Thanks,

• So if the id running evinstall.nsf has manager access to the forms.nsf and you are still getting that error perhaps there is something wrong with that NSF file.

Is it occurring on both the EVDG and the Target or just one of them?

By chance are you using a version that is not supported? The latest that EV 9.0 SP2 supports is Domino 8.5.1.

Is the form.nsf being replicated across the environment?

Also if you think the nsf is problematic you can copy one from another Domino server of the same version that has not been modified evinstall.nsf.

If you don't have another server you can throw one up real quick and then copy the forms.nsf.

When you go into the ACL of the forms.nsf and select the id running evinstall.nsf are all items checked?

• Sorry my last response was in response to the error regarding forms.nsf in the jpg you attached.

So for the evattach.ntf issue.

Are you able to open the evatttach.ntf with the id file that you ran evinstall.nsf with?

The only thing evinstall.nsf is trying to do is sign the ntf file.

So you can try to sign the evattach.ntf file with id file that you ran evinstall.nsf with.

If that fails then you may have a bad copy of evattach.ntf.

You can replace it by reinstalling EV on the server again.

Of course you will have to run evinstall.nsf again to update the evdomino.nsf.