Forum Discussion

Pixa
Level 4
11 years ago

Enterprise Vault 10 with HCP sotrage

Hi,   i have a customer who implemented HCP in environment. We have installed Streamer app on the EV server , and created new partition to point to new HCP.  Now Everything work's ok (Archive/R...
    11 years ago

Pixa

Local and remote safety copies are both set to '1' in my case.

Certainly if you can connect to your HCP's, pause your archiving, and then watch the item counters, the replicas will be at least five minutes before it catches up and all data is replicated, and in my case, they always end up identical and no errors shown at all.

If you DTrace this, you'll see entries such as this, 50 of them for each partition you look at before it gives up and chucks an error out to the event log:

<6376>  EV:M     Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) Streamer: ConnectionManager::Set_Curl_Operation method http://sev.hcp01.company.domain.com/rest/evj/FE3B6887064C84499BDC21188669B190/2013/Dec/19/38b804ff-efad-44d8-9c97-25fba74fcd1f/00_00_06/00461 Reason = 404 : Not Found - opr_HEAD

If you can get hold of the Hitachi migration tool, you can connect to the file system and go and have a look and just check that the data is present on the replica, in my case after looking at this over and over, I can't find anything wrong and the events logged, whilst alarming and no doubt going to upset and confuse, seem at this point to be harmless information and a bit of a red herring, but I have thus far been unable to have that confirmed

11 years ago

Hi,

i would like to confirm that setting Local and remote safety copies both  to '1'  resolved problems regarding Saveset not being backed up error.

It's strange that by default this setting is 2 and i think it should be 1 :)

Regards.