Forum Discussion

Saqib_Alam
Level 5
13 years ago

Enterprise Vault Migration Single server to Cluster

Currently we have Single Enterprise Vault 9.0 running on Windows Server 2003 32-bit with Shared Storage, Indexing , Vault Store all located on SAN.

Note Exchange and SQL is already running with microsoft cluster.

Now we want to migrate Enterprise Vault 9 to 10.0 with Microsoft Cluster and Server 2008R2. So how can we do that, Can any one please give any solution for this.

Regards
Saqib

5 Replies

• No, if you read the technote on converting you will see the first thing it says is "Enterprise Vault should already be configured in a non-clustered configuration, and it must not already be part of a cluster.".

You need to move EV to a 64 bit machine and then follow the steps in the technote to convert it to the cluster.

• Can i do one thing

without doing any thing to running EV.

I make new EV Server with MS Cluster and do all new configuration and then in last i copy my index and archive data to new assign storage connected to new EV Server.

Regards
    Saqib

• Move EV first, test make sure it is all working then covert to a cluster.  That way if you are having problems you are limiting the number of things that could go wrong. 

Don't get in a hurry and rush the process as that can lead to steps missed and mistakes made.

• As you said first i need to move my EV to 64bit Server using server migration wizard thn 

i move tht to Microsoft Cluster. 

Or i install Microsoft cluster on new EV machine then fresh install EV 10 and import the setting from server migration wizard. can i dot that.

Regards
    Saqib