Forum Discussion

alan_koch
Level 4
12 years ago

EV 9.0.2 email archiving

We are using EV 9.0.2 to archive Exchange 2010 email.  We have it setup to leave a shortcut in the mailbox for Vaulted items.  Our end users are using Outlook 2007 SP3.  My question is this: Is there an easy way to tell what the newest or oldest archived item is per mailbox?  Is there a script that I can run or a canned report to get this information?

Thanks for the help.

• For an individual archive, you can get this from the archive properties.  From the archive properties click on 'Advanced', and you'll see the youngest and oldest item.  Note that I think it has been discussed here before where the oldest item can be 'odd', ie vvvvvery old, because of attachments to messages.

For many archives, like a report, you might like to consider that the data is in the IndexVolume table in the Directory database.

3 Replies

• For an individual archive, you can get this from the archive properties.  From the archive properties click on 'Advanced', and you'll see the youngest and oldest item.  Note that I think it has been discussed here before where the oldest item can be 'odd', ie vvvvvery old, because of attachments to messages.

For many archives, like a report, you might like to consider that the data is in the IndexVolume table in the Directory database.

• Yeah the query would be

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
    SELECT A.ArchiveName,
           CONVERT(varchar, IV.OldestItemDateUTC, 113) "Oldest Item",
           CONVERT(varchar, IV.YoungestItemDateUTC, 113) "Newest Item"
    FROM   Archive A, 
           IndexVolume IV
    WHERE  IV.RootIdentity = A.RootIdentity
      AND  IV.OldestItemDateUTC IS NOT NULL
      AND  IV.YoungestItemDateUTC IS NOT NULL
    ORDER BY A.ArchiveName

• Usually the Oldest Item being way out of a date range is typically always spam, so you will sometimes see email from 1683 or something, you get that email and its spam for printer ink or some such stuff