Forum Discussion

markbmcfc
Level 2
12 years ago

EV Sharepoint Components Installation Error

Hi All

Firstly, first time using these forums so apologies if i've posted this in the wrong place!!

Trying to install the sharepoint components on my Sharepoint 2007 server.

Get so far into the installation and receive an error regarding a DOCICON.XML file. Pulled the following from the installation log:

"The Enterprise Vault Microsoft SharePoint Components require changes to the Microsoft DOCICON.XML file.

The Enterprise Vault changes to the Microsoft DOCICON.XML file have not been made.

See the SharePoint instructions in 'Installing and Configuring'.

The Installation will continue. -1"

Had a look in "Installing and Configuring" and can see no reference to this issue or the .xml file.

Tried installing using a domain admin account, and my EV Service account. Added my EV Service account to the farm administrators group in case that was causing it, no change.

Im stuck :( Help?

Thanks

• Hi ya,

What version of EV?  There was an issue in older version where EV couldn't detect SharePoint 2007 running on a 64-bit system that would throw that error but that was ages ago.

You might want to ping support to verify.

Regards,

5 Replies

• Hi ya,

What version of EV?  There was an issue in older version where EV couldn't detect SharePoint 2007 running on a 64-bit system that would throw that error but that was ages ago.

You might want to ping support to verify.

Regards,

• I think Tony is right, there was a few or two of EV that didn't correctly find SharePoint 2007.  What version of EV are you using?

• Thanks for the responses guys.

Running version 10.0.3.1090, which I think is the latest version?

• Yes, that's the latest version (give or take a cumulative hotfix or two).

Does this happen on other SharePoint 2007 servers you have?

Have you contacted Symantec Support?

• I only have one Sharepoint server...

I haven't yet no, that's my next point of call, I always try the forums first the resolution is usually quicker :)

If it's not a common error then I guess support is my way forward!