Forum Discussion

doctortt
Level 6
16 years ago

EV with Centera with Compliance Edition Plus?

I just inherited this EV environment, and it uses Centera with Compliance Editon Plus.  Is it true that you can't delete the archived emails on the Centera even though you change the site setting to allow the delete?

• So you will never be able to delete any of those items because the Centera won't allow you to until the retention period has expired. As per earlier emails you'll need to wait until the retention period is over and then probably just allow EV Storage Expiry to take care of the items.

9 Replies

• The compliance + edition enforces clip retention and does not allow a priviliged delete like the basic and Governance editions do. This does not mean that the items cannot be deleted but means that the clip will not be deleted until the retention period has passed.  If you ping me your email address I can send you a good whitepaper on this from EMC.

• Thanks Paul. Yes, I heard about that the archived items will be deleted automatically when it passes the retention period.  In this user archive, there are a lot of dupes, and I'm trying to delete them on the /EnterpriseVault/searchadvance.asp webpage. However, when I tried to delete them, it said that it's not allowed even though my account had full access on all user archives. I'm out of luck?

• Items will be expired if you have storage expiry running after the retention has expired. What you need to do really is find out why you are not able to delete an item if you believe that it should be deleted. You can do this by setting up a DTRACE of the storageonlineopns process and then attempt the delete.

Also you can use evcenterachecker as well if you have a copy to extract the CDF and see what retention period has been stamped on it.

• Oh thanks. I will set up a dtrace and check it out. Is it most likely because I'm on Centera Compliance Plus?

Yes, I also have evcenterachecker.

• It also depends on how EV was configured because even with a Compliance Plus model it is possible to configure EV not to use Centera Retention Classes which gives you the ability to delete items.
  • Alan,

Where do you check that setting in EV? Thanks

Paul,

Thank you very much for sending me the whitepapers.

• Thanks. Retention setting on the partition says "Only for a Centera Compliance Plus model."
  • So you will never be able to delete any of those items because the Centera won't allow you to until the retention period has expired. As per earlier emails you'll need to wait until the retention period is over and then probably just allow EV Storage Expiry to take care of the items.