Forum Discussion

aktrout
Level 3
10 years ago

eVault inplace upgrade from ver 9.01.1073 to 10.0.4

Greetings,

I am planning an upgrade of Enterprise Vault from version 9 to version 10. I have been looking at the release notes and upgrade guide and it seems fairly straighforward, so far.

If anyone has encountered any problems with this migration I would appreciate knowing about what problems you hit during the migration. In looking at the upgrade guide,  It almost seems too easy, which almost certainly means it will be a nightmare, right? :)

Thanks for any input you might have.

Martin

• It is very straightforward and I have done many.  As long as your hardware supports EV 10 you will be good to go.

You could install the EV 10 deployment scanner to make sure you are ready.

Also, do remember to backup everything!  Just in case.  :)

5 Replies

• It is very straightforward and I have done many.  As long as your hardware supports EV 10 you will be good to go.

You could install the EV 10 deployment scanner to make sure you are ready.

Also, do remember to backup everything!  Just in case.  :)

• I agree with Tony. I have done 9 upgrades in the past 7 months, without any issues.

• Tony and Gertjan,

Thanks for taking the time to post your experience. I am planning on upgrading over the weekend. I ran the EV 10 Deployment Scanner and it showed a couple of minor issues which I will address beforehand. And yes, will make sure the backups ran without problem just in case.

Thanks!

• Hi,

You should put a special care on items "Awaiting for backup" and SQL Server permissions because it depends on a fast upgrade.

Best Regards,

DR

• DR - I will be logging in with the eVault Service account so I believe it has all the SQL perms it needs but not sure about that so I may have to run it past our SQL DB admin. I will verify that "0" items are awaiting backup...

Thanks