Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Export to PST not exporting all items

Hello all, I need to export all items from the personal folder of a user (not under inbox). So I run through the archive export wizard, export PST and select the folder \Personal. I make sure I've...
    9 years ago

Hello Ben,

I've seen that too a few times. It has to do with the update moved shortcut location. There seems to be a small (but annoying) issue, where a shortcut is being moved. The location is updated. You then want to restore the (moved) item to the CURRENT location, which you expect to be the NEW folder (to where the shortcut was moved). The restoring shows the item being restored to the new folder, but when looking in Outlook, you find the item in the ORIGINAL folder.

This might be the same. I believe however also that exporting an archive is not using the index of the archive to export, but simply reads the content and export that. You might however want to try an Index-rebuild for that archive (if it is not too big) to remove any indexing issue.

You also might want to give yourself permissions on that archive, then try restoring an item from that 'Personal' folder to 'orginal location'. It should export that to your mailbox, in the location \personal\ (will be created if it does not exist). See where the item actually goes to.

See http://www.veritas.com/docs/000006532 for the KB-article.

Greetz,

GJ