Forum Discussion

SSR1
Level 4
12 years ago

Files are being collected but not migrated

Hello.

I have a problem with EV 10.0.3 and error 41008. Files are being collected but not migrated to Secondary Storage. New items awaiting backup or replication.

We have backup of vault partition on BackUp Exec 2010 R3, and we are using BackUp Exec migrator.

On Vault Store Properties is set remove safety coppies immediately after archive.

SQL Database is backuped daily by ArcServe BackUp.

Could you tell me what we are doing wrong because we have lot of savesets that have not yet been backed up or replicated for Vault Store.

When I open WatchFile table I see that all items have ItemSecured set to False not to True.

DTrace log is in attachment.

• Oh okay, didn't see that in the original post about using ArcServe for part of it, and Backup Exec for part of it.

So the general process is:

* Set backup mode on vault stores

* Set backup mode on index locations

* Do SQL backups

* Do backups of index locations and vault store partitions (*1)

* Clear backup mode on index locations

* Clear backup mode on Vault Stores

*1 -> Some people only backup active, open, partitions, and closed partitions at different frequencies/schedules.

So.. the bit about the number of items awaiting backup - if you're seeing that (and it sounds like you are) comes from the backup of vault store partitions.  If you're using the Archive Bit, then perhaps that's not being cleared by the backup software.

22 Replies