Forum Discussion

Marcde
6 years ago

Indexing backlog increasing - Event 41352

Hello everyone,

we do have an environment where the indexing backlog for all index volumes / archives is increasing. A few minutes after restarting the indexing service Event 41352 is occuring for many index volumes:

The processing of the Index Volume has stopped following errors.

Archive name: "Name of the archive"
Task: <none>
Index Volume ID: "ID of the volume"
Reason: <none>
Error Type: NonCritical

Description: Die COM-Klassenfactory für die Remotekomponente mit der CLSID {3A92686F-E5E8-4505-ABB5-49E5F725617A} konnte aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht von Computer "evserver" abgerufen werden: 80070005 "evserver".

sometimes with the following error description: 

Description: Could not connect to the storage service on "evserver". ArchiveId=["ID"] Inner exception: Die COM-Klassenfactory für die Remotekomponente mit der CLSID {3A92686F-E5E8-4505-ABB5-49E5F725617A} konnte aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht von Computer "evserver" abgerufen werden: 800706ba "evserver".

At the same time DCOM Event 10006 and 10016 do appear in the system eventlog.

10006:Fehler "2147942405" in DCOM wurde vom Computer "evserver" empfangen, als versucht wurde, den folgenden Server zu aktivieren:
{3A92686F-E5E8-4505-ABB5-49E5F725617A}

10016: Durch die Berechtigungseinstellungen für "Anwendungsspezifisch" wird dem Benutzer "NT-AUTORITÄT\ANONYMOUS-ANMELDUNG" (SID: S-1-5-7) unter der Adresse "Adress of the evserver" keine Berechtigung vom Typ "Remote Aktivierung" für die COM-Serveranwendung mit der CLSID
{3A92686F-E5E8-4505-ABB5-49E5F725617A}
und der APPID
{9FB267AD-C6CE-4084-A18F-5100B54964B3}
im Anwendungscontainer "Nicht verfügbar" (SID: Nicht verfügbar) gewährt. Die Sicherheitsberechtigung kann mit dem Verwaltungstool für Komponentendienste geändert werden.

I can see the dcom events already occurring when starting the storage service but for a variety of CLSIDs. The CLSID mentioned above lead me to Enterprise Vault.StorageCrawler for which we modified the dcom configuration but the issue persists. 

We already checked the following: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000088120 .Firewall was disabled as well. Anyone having another idea what else to check? Version is 12.3 Please excuse the German phrases in the events, I can surely add the English ones if necessary. Search for items already indexed seems to be not affected.

Regards

Marc

• Hello Marc,

The only reference I found to the error you mention is below: errorcode

Interestringly, this points to firewall, which you say is disabled. See if the advise in the entry resolves it. It might also be that a MS KB patch causes this. That however is hard to find, as you need to figure out when you started getting these events, and then figure out what changed on the system.

I don't have further ideas, sorry.

<edit> Further Googling showed:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000087698 

other articles indicate firewall issue.

• Hi everyone,

Gertjan might have been right. A few hours after installing September Windows updates on the EV server the issue is completely gone. DCOM messages stayed away and the indexing backlog went below the threshold within a few hours. Except of the Windows updates nothing else has been performed on the EV server.

Kind Regards

Marc

11 Replies

• Hi Marc,

Try doing a reboot of the EV server and see if that helps.

Also, veryfy the SQL databases fragmentation and ensure the SQL maitenance is performed regularly.

Marcde

Hi Virgil,

restarts have been performed several times and yes, fragmentation is present but I'll need to check if a maintenance is configured and working. However I do clearly see an error in EV so I am not sure how fragmentation should be relevant here.

Regards

Marc

GertjanA

Hi Marc,

Have you tried re-entering the VSA password in the console, then restart all EV services? That most of the times fixes the DCOM issues.