Forum Discussion

Yobo
Level 5
15 years ago

License Discovery Acclerator

Hi,

My customer have a EV License key which is the same as Discovery Acclerator.
How do I license the Discovery acclerator as they are on the same server?

Is there a way to verify the EV has been license as a proof and also the DA. 

Tanks
  • it will be x:\program files\enterprise vault\installed licenses where x is the drive you installed EV on.  Obviously if you installed on a 64bit system will be x:\program files (x86)\enterprise vault\installed licenses

Also, you might find this technote helpful:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287248.htm

7 Replies

• Should be combined into one SLF file. Contact customer services to request this. 

If you need a temporary license support can supply this, in the meantime.
  • you can also look in the EV Application log for Event ID 4213.  This will list all the modules you are licensed for, look for EVDA as a feature.
  • Hi,

Yes it is combine into one.

How do I know the license is enabled for DA.

I notice when you create a customer database, it prompt for license file, why this keep prompting before I can click OK
  • you have to browse to the license file so the application can verify you are licensed for it.
  • Yobo,

I usually copy the license to the root DA install folder (same for EV) and then restart the DA service.  On DA service start the license should be copied to \installed licenses and is now active.

btw:  I recommended removing or renaming any temp licenses that may be in use once the permanent license is installed.  When the temp license expires it will throw  a warning event in the log on every restart.

-Joe
  • Hi,

What is the full path of the installed license to copy the files so that I can verify when I go client place 2 days later.

Thanks
  • it will be x:\program files\enterprise vault\installed licenses where x is the drive you installed EV on.  Obviously if you installed on a 64bit system will be x:\program files (x86)\enterprise vault\installed licenses

Also, you might find this technote helpful:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287248.htm