Forum Discussion

pravingoud
Level 4
8 years ago

Mail missing from jornaling mailbox and Symantec Discovery Accelerator

Dear Team,

Kindly help me for missed mail.i am trying to searching a mail from past week.i searched mail through symentec Discovery accelarator(DA). i got all mail of user but DA missed 1 mail of user of 26th May 2017. that was very important.i searched all way i used all filter in DA but didnt get that mail.after that i searched whole journaling mailbox for currpted mail or deleted or not archvied but didnt find same mail. pl help i want to solve this issue asap. give me some idea to troublshoot this issue.

Regards,

Pravin Goud 

GertjanA
    8 years ago

Hello Pravin,

Glad it got resolved. If an item does not show, almost the first thing to look at is the indexes. As I said earlier :-).

Thanks for reporting this solved. Can you mark an answer as solution? That way, others know they don't need to assist anymore, and if they have a similar problem, they can see what fixed it.

Thanks!

13 Replies

• Hello Pravin,

It sounds like you performed the correct steps to determine if the mail is in your system (Exchange and/or EV). As you did not find it, the answer would be 'it is not send'. (it did not pass through your exchange)

Are you able to investigate the user's mailbox? That way you can perhaps 'prove' the mail was not send in the first place. (at least, not through your systems).

A second thing would be to to reverify that for this particular user, the Journaling IS taking place. It might be that (for whatever reason) this users mailbox is not being journaled. Unlikely, but possible.

pravingoud
      Level 4

Dear Gertjan,

thanks for d reply

fyi

i am looking for inbox item of user.mailbox. the mail got in users inbox but EV and Journaling unable to find that mail.Our client want to know root cause why this is happening and that mail was very critical.pl help gertjan.

Regards,

Pravin Goud. 

GertjanA

Hello Pravin,

What popped in mind was that the indexes for your Journal Archive might be behind. If an item is not indexed (yet), it will not appear in a DA search. If you are on EV10/11, verify and/or sync indexes. If you are on an earlier release, verify with support how to do this. They will advise an older verison is not supported, but I am sure if you ask nicely they will assist...

As you found the email in the users inbox, you can see specific criteria for that mail. If you use these, do you find the mail? (use From, and a unique keyword from body, and the date range (with a few days to accomodate lag of archiving).

• Dear getjan,

My issue has been resolved.when i did verify and rebuilding task completed.my issue got solved.and i got that perticular mail which had missing from journaling mailbox.before that i did lots of troublshooting. but finnally i did this.

thank you so much getjan for your support and suggestion :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Pravin Goud.

GertjanA

Hello Pravin,

Glad it got resolved. If an item does not show, almost the first thing to look at is the indexes. As I said earlier :-).

Thanks for reporting this solved. Can you mark an answer as solution? That way, others know they don't need to assist anymore, and if they have a similar problem, they can see what fixed it.

Thanks!