Forum Discussion

iternity
Level 4
15 years ago

Manual FSA Agent install fails

Hello,

I get an "Access is denied" error when I try to remotely install the agent on a file server. The Deployment check says the file permissions are ok, e.g. that the vault service account has the local admin rights on the filre server. I was then advised to install  the fsa agent manully.

I ran vcredist_x86, then the FSA agent .msi installer (x64). The first problem I am noticing is with the credentials. Neither the vault service account nor the domain account is accepted. Only if I type in Administrator by itself will it work. This behavior is regardless if I am logged in as  local admin, domain admin or vault service account.

During the install, I get a message "Couldn't create service" for the File Collector Service. It does install the other two (Placeholder and Blocking) fine and they can be started. But the installation does not succeed and a cancel will remove the two running services as well.

Any advice on this? We have the following VMWare setup:

- DC is Server 2008, SP2  Standard 64bit; has the SQL Server 2008 64 bit
- EV 8.0 SP2 is on Server 2003 R2, SP2 Standard 32bit
- File Server is on Server 2008 Standard 64bit

From the EV machine I can access the C: Drive on the file server (and shares if  I gave permissions for vault service account) as well as the registry.

thanks!
bjorn
  • I'm 99% sure that's going to be the problem, so if newsid isn't available then you will need to find some other way of changing the SID. Sorry I can't help any further but that should definitely fix your problem

26 Replies