Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Migrating Enterprise Vault to different VLAN

Hi People, Can anyone please let me know what area that I need to configure and pay attention to when migrating the Enterprise Vault 9.0.4 R1 servers from one VLAN to another VLAN ? The target AD...
    11 years ago
    Just general networking and connectivity, if your EV servers can connect to the file servers with windows explorer, you're good If your servers can connect to Microsoft SQL server you're good If your outlook can connect to exchange etc, you'll be ok Really EV just uses existing components in windows and MAPI so there shouldn't be any surprises when you can't connect etc
    11 years ago

Set EV in backup mode before migrating, then backup!

When migrated, run the deployment-scanner. When ok, EV should not have issues.

11 years ago

Hi,

As long as you update your DNS records or local resolution to reflect the new IP Addresses and you make sure that there is network connectivity betwwen EV and SQL, storage and Exchange servers, you shouldn't have any connectivity issues after migrating the server to the new vlan. Also, confirm that the firewall configuration is still the same.

I hope this helps.

11 years ago

After movement of servers just run USL (Update service location) from EV console (open VAC\Expand Enterprise vault, right click and select 'update service location) then clear backup mode.
    Check if you storage is accessible if it is network device with requirred ports open.

Once you move File server, exchange, EV & SQL server to different VLAN then you can run few test such outook connectivity from EV to exchange, client to exchange+retrive/archive/restore emails, access FS via UNC path.

Ran Deployment scanner, keep checking event viewer log.

If you ISA / Firewall for external EV + Exchange usage, just make sure route mapping is correctly functioning.

I assume you are not making any changes in internal firewall so open/close ports status would same as it was for existing VLAN. If you any load balancer between exchange & EV then check MAPI optimization is turned off (as this situation came on surface with one other customer).

Then you are good to go