Forum Discussion

K_G
Level 6
14 years ago

move archive

hi, move archive of;   2  different evserver ,2  different directory,2 different  site,same domain,same exchange is not working. i will write my steps which i follewed;   -Disable mbx. ...
    14 years ago

Hi,

I must have been having a brain block before.  Re-reading the case it stands out why the shortcut update phase is omitted.

When you are doing the move you are selecting 'New archive' for the destination.  This means that the Move Archive process will create a new archive in the destination - as such it is just an archive that is not linked to any mailbox.  What you need to do is the following:

1. Disable the mailbox in the source site

2. (Ideally) Make sure the user is no longer covered by a provisioning group in the source site.  This is important as you are targeting the same Exchange server in each site.

3. Provisioning and Enable the user in the destination site.  After this you will be ready to create a Move Archive job.

4. In the source site go through the Move Archive wizard - when it comes to selecting the destination archive you want to make sure it's linked to the archive/mailbox that now exists thanks to enabling the mailbox in step 3.

5. Now when move archive runs you should get a phase where it sits at Updating shortcuts (sorry can't remember the exact words).

6. When it hits this phase move to the destination site, Right click the archiving task and select Run Now, select a single mailbox for shortcut processing only and do a run.  This should perform the required shortcut updates.

7. After a while in the source site the move archive job should move to completed.

Again - I would suggest running this against another test user but hopefully this should get you there.

Regards

Karl