Forum Discussion

gsingh1
Level 3
7 years ago

Move Enterprise Vault to New Domain

Dear All, Following is my Environment I have Ev 11.1 Which is  configured for cross forest archiving. Ev is in c Domain. I have Exchange 2007 in A and B domain respectively. Enterprise vault serve...
    7 years ago

Hello

I don't think 2 will work, as moving domain requires several steps in regards to accounts etc. You might be best off calling support and asking them.

I've done the domain rename twice, following the document, no issues encountered. That was however with single EV server, no cluster.

following this document (added to be sure) https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100038101.html

7 years ago

Hello,

I'm not agree with your approach, I think that the best thing it to make upgrade in first step, and you did'nt need to be in stand alone, I did it many time without problem (just don't use Veritas Migration Tools, make your upgrade manually for a cluster). Like this when your Enterprise Vault will be in 12.2 you can use Veritas Support if you have any problem for change of domain, if you stay in version 11 Veritas Support will ask you to upgrade before give you any help.
    In a second step you can use the procedure send by Gertjan ;-)

And forget your Approach 2 ... that will be the beginning of your problems if not ;-)

Regards,

Antoine