Forum Discussion

Sortid
Level 6
12 years ago

Moving Deleted Items

Hi, I'm using EV10 SP1, Outlook 2010, Exchange 2010, outlook add-in Sp2.  I'm moving items from my Deleted Items to my virtual vault.  1. If the target is a sub folder in VV then I get a popup sayi...
    12 years ago

to be honest if you try to do anything that has that many items in outlook you will find it becomes "unresponsive", it not only has to add the items in to VV but it also has to update exchange saying the items have been deleted and also has to remove it from the outlook cache itself, so you have three operations going all at once, two of which cause disk contention issues.

If its a regular laptop or even a desktop, you probably have a 7,200RPM disk where the OST and the VC DB files are all on the same drive, add in some disk fragmentation, and possibly Anti-Virus scanning on the outlook side and also on the file system and things will naturally just bog down.

Your best bet maybe to evpm the user to a 0 day archival on \Deleted Items then do a run now through the archive task and then have the user sync down their virtual vault.

Another reason for doing this is with those disk contention issues and the large amount of items, you could risk corrupting the vault cache, and then it can't sync up the items that are awaiting to upload... meaning you have to recover the items from the dumpster, and if you don't have exchange dumpster enabled, it could mean dataloss