Forum Discussion

Anon_Man
Level 4
14 years ago

Need to add permissions on multiple (not all) archives in EVPM

We have a large subset of several thousand users who log in to a (trusted) domain [domain1] on a separate forest.  Their Exchange mailbox is linked to an AD account on our main forest [domain2].  Eventually they will be migrated over to the main forest.  A long story, but I need to be able to add their domain1 account into the permissions on their EV archive.  I can do this one at a time manually, or using EVPM - this works fine except when I try to do multiple users in EVPM.

My INI file looks as follows:

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName=vaultserver
SiteName=Site1

[ArchivePermissions]
ArchiveName = Hunt, Gene
GrantAccess = read write delete, domain1\gxhunt
ArchiveName = Tyler, Sam
GrantAccess = read write delete, domain1\samtyler
ArchiveName = Nail, Jimmy
GrantAccess = read write delete, domain1\jnail

When I run this it grants EVERY domain1 account full access to each archive. So in the example above it gives domain1\gxhunt, domain1\samtyler and domain1\jnail read, write and deleted permissions for Gene Hunt's archive.  I want it to just give permissions to domain1\gxhunt

Other than creating multiple INI files and running it multiple times, is there any way of doing this???
  • Yes, you need to use separate INI files.

You can try to do this as a batch file which in turn writes the required ini file and fires up EVPM.exe...

Cheers

Michel

4 Replies

• refer the following document

http://support.veritas.com/docs/321592

ArchiveName
    Mandatory. Identifies the archive to which the permission settings are applied.
    If there are multiple folders with the same name and you specify a name, Policy Manager modifies only the first one that it finds. In this case, you must use archive Ids to specify the archives.

Possible values:
    The name of an archive
    An archive ID
    ALL (permissions are applied to all journal, shared, and mailbox archives in the specified vault site)
    ALL_JOURNAL (permissions are applied to all journal archives)
    ALL_SHARED (permissions are applied to all shared archives)
    ALL_MAILBOX (permissions are applied to all mailbox archives)

• Yes, you need to use separate INI files.

You can try to do this as a batch file which in turn writes the required ini file and fires up EVPM.exe...

Cheers

Michel

• ArchiveName is specified.

I'm guessing that EVPM won't work in the way I want it to - you can do ALL or one, but not many.

• Hi MichelZ - okay that figures.  Makes things over-complicated if you ask me, but I guess that's what I need to do.

Thanks for the fast response. smiley