Forum Discussion

anon1m0us1
Level 6
13 years ago

NetApp & PST Error

I just upgraded to EV 10.0.1 and am I scanning my netapp for PST's. I added a bunch of shared exclusions, but is there away to exclude mountpoints??   Also, in th elog there is an error: ** 5/4/2...
    13 years ago

This TN also mentions what is needed:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH69043&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1336501961727

Problem

PST Migration and NetApp Filer Devices

Solution

Previously, it was only possible to migrate PST files that were located on Microsoft Windows Servers. That is, neither the PST Locator Task nor the client-driven migration could locate PST files that were held on NetApp Filer devices, therefore, these files could not be migrated. Since the release of Enterprise Vault 6.0 Service Pack 3, it is now possible to migrate PST files that are located on NetApp Filer devices.
    Note: NetApp Filer snapshot folders (~snapshot) are ignored. Hence PST files in these folders will not be migrated.
    Although the PST Locator task automatically recognizes NetApp Filer devices, the automatic recognition does not work in the following circumstances:
    · The NetApp Filer device was found by a PST Locator task from a release of Enterprise Vault that was before SP3.
    · The NetApp Filer is switched off.
    This means that, when a NetApp Filer device has been found by the PST Locator task, you may need to edit the device's properties in the Administration Console to specify that this is a NetApp Filer device.
    Note: Log On Account needs to be member of the local administrator group on the NetApp Device
    To edit the properties of a NetApp Filer device:
    1. In the left pane of the Administration Console, expand the vault site and then expand Personal Store Management.
    2. Click Computers.
    3. In the right pane, double-click the name of the NetApp Filer device to show its properties.
    4. Click the Settings tab.
    5. Select This computer is a NetApp Filer and click OK.
    Note the following restrictions:
    · The PST Holding folder cannot be on a NetApp Filer device.
    · PST files cannot be migrated from a WORM share.
    This limitation currently applies to all version of Enterprise Vault including their latest Service Packs. Effectively, EV assumes that the path to the holding folder is a Windows folder, and therefore, uses a Windows API call to work out the real location. This call, therefore, is likely to fail to a NetApp.