Forum Discussion

anon1m0us1
Level 6
13 years ago

PST & NETAPP

I am about to scan my NETAPP device for PST'S.

1) The  associated mailbox is blank. I am assuming this should remain blank since it is a Netfiler with no associated Mailbox. Correct?

2) If I select "Search this computer..." it will scan the filer and pick up all the PST's. Correct?

3) I do NOT want it to automatically import any PST's. I am assuming it will only import the PST's if I select the PST and select Migrate. Correct?

4) Would scanning the Filer impact performance in anyway?

Thanks.

• 1) The  associated mailbox is blank. I am assuming this should remain blank since it is a Netfiler with no associated Mailbox. Correct?

EDITED=>>Yes, you do leave it blank.  Originally I thought you were referring to the actual pst file.  :)

2) If I select "Search this computer..." it will scan the filer and pick up all the PST's. Correct?

Yes, it will scan the filer to find the PST's

3) I do NOT want it to automatically import any PST's. I am assuming it will only import the PST's if I select the PST and select Migrate. Correct?

Correct, by default the status should be Do Not Migrate.  From the Admin help: This is the normal state when a PST file has been found. When you are ready for the PST file to be migrated you must manually change the state to Ready to copy by editing the properties of the PST file.

There will be some overhead but not too much.  I would doubt you notice anything.

2 Replies

• 1) The  associated mailbox is blank. I am assuming this should remain blank since it is a Netfiler with no associated Mailbox. Correct?

EDITED=>>Yes, you do leave it blank.  Originally I thought you were referring to the actual pst file.  :)

Yes, it will scan the filer to find the PST's

Correct, by default the status should be Do Not Migrate.  From the Admin help: This is the normal state when a PST file has been found. When you are ready for the PST file to be migrated you must manually change the state to Ready to copy by editing the properties of the PST file.

There will be some overhead but not too much.  I would doubt you notice anything.

• correct

correct

correct. also stop the migrator task or set the schedule to never if you want.

yes of course although there are too many variables in your environment for us to know if you'll be able to tell. you can always stop the locator task or set it to run during off-hours.