Forum Discussion

16 years ago

Outlook 2003 - "There was an error loading this item.."

Hi All,

I've got an installation of EV 8.0 running on Windows 2003 server against and Exchange 2003 server.  All servers and items are fully patched and up to date and built on vanilla virutal machines.

The archiving process has archived my users' email correctly and it appears in the vault in the Vault Store as it should. 

When the user, using Outlook 2003 SP3 double clicks an item which is in the archive, the item opens but the body is missing and the item says in the top margin -  "There was an error loading this item --some functionality may not be available"

I've re-installed the client side forms, no luck.  Cleared the forms cache - no luck.  There was a post about not using .DVS as a format and to use.EML instead, but I can't find that entry in the Policies configuration panels in the Administration MMC.

This seems like a bug in the system that has been there for various versions of EV.  Does anyone know what the solution is?  Any help or tips are gratefully received.

• Well, strictly speaking it is not supported.

Please see the Compatibility Charts:
    ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/276547.pdf

11 Replies