Forum Discussion

fuadsm
Level 3
17 years ago

Pending Archive for two weeks

Dear all,
I have installed Enterprise Vault two weeks ago and enabled some mailboxes for archiving but I see emails inside these mail boxes marked as pending archive and when I open one of these emails I see the following message on the header:

"This item is being archived by Enterprise Vault
Do not copy, move or delete this item."

This message is appearing since the date I enabled this MS Exchange mail box and still not marked as finished archived.

Your help is highly appreciated.
Best Regards,

Message Edited by fuadsm on 10-17-2007 05:53 AM
  • You safety copy strategy is probably after back up. 

Check out the "Backing up vault stores" sectoin in the Administration help.

11 Replies

• Just a heads up on this as we discovered it this week whilst resolving an issue with items remaining as Pending.

In EV7 (think Sp1 -> and also EV2007) and using a vault storage device which does not use the Archive Bit attribute and instead uses the IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.txt file. Changes to the code now looks at the Created Date property of this file - prior to this it only checked the existence.

The instance we had was after an upgrade from 6 to 7 to 2007. After upgrading, all items remained pending. The text file was being copied as part of the post-backup script. As the code now checks the date stamp (the file was created in 2003 and copied each time) the pending items were never converted to full shortcut. The post-backup script now has to create the text file, thus giving it a new time stamp and the process then looks at this date stamp and the Pending items that were created upto the date stamp of this file, and subsequently backed up, are then reverted to Full Shortcut.

A Technote is being written to give more information and should be available for general use soon.