Forum Discussion

pranvera
Level 2
12 years ago

Symantec Enterprise Vault API

Hi.I am currently on a email archiving product evaluation project and I can't find information about some criteria that i have about API. Does Enterprise Vault or Enterprise Vault.cloud have an API? ...
    12 years ago

The Content Management and Search API's are available to customers through Partners of the STEP program as outlined above. That being said they still adhere to the standard EV security implementations. Depending on how the partner may have developed their application it may run under the same account as the VSA and as such have all the same priviliges. However exposing content to an end user should still be immplemented in such as a fashion so as to honour the security set for that user.

Again depending on how the application has been developed it may or may not allow for some of the actions you have described above. Content within the saveset itself is immutable so if the requirement is to alter that it will need to be extracted - modified - re-archived which is potentially possible using the CMAPI.