Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Searching by Message ID

I've done this before, but it seems to have stopped working with EV 10.. at least when I test it with 10.0.4 it doesn't work.

I want to search for an item in an archive by Message ID.

I open search.asp?advanced=3, and in the 'other attribute' area I put: IDEN, and then the message ID include the < and >.

Search

No results

Change the search to search by SUBJECT, and in the 'other result attributes' field, I put in SSID IDEN

And Search

And the result comes back, and it has the *same* message ID that I was just searching on which came back with no hits.

I've tried searching for message ID with and without the < and >. I've tried partial searches, with and without *.  The results are always 'no hits'.

Anyone else seen similar?

• This is known issue affecting only 64 bit indexes.

A fix will be included in cumulative hotfix 2 for 10.0.4.

In the meantime, when searching the iden field, replace the leading '<' with '&lt;'

4 Replies

• This is known issue affecting only 64 bit indexes.

A fix will be included in cumulative hotfix 2 for 10.0.4.

In the meantime, when searching the iden field, replace the leading '<' with '&lt;'

• Hi Rob,

As A_S_G mentioned, this is a known issue:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH209912

Workaround:
    Example iden field string: <OF8131395D.BCA81430-ON85257AC5.00589CB3-85257AC5.0058A1E7@LocalDomain>

When searching for an iden field similar to the above change the less than character to "&lt;".
    New example string to search: &lt;OF8131395D.BCA81430-ON85257AC5.00589CB3-85257AC5.0058A1E7@LocalDomain>

This is only needed for archived items in a 64bit index.