Forum Discussion

Ray_Hasham
Level 4
14 years ago

Storage Crawler Errors

Hi, I am getting a lot of error messages on our Enterprise Vault server. Most of these are recorded every few minutes.

Category : Storage Crawler

Event ID: 6727

Abnormal error occured

Error: Class not registered [0x80040154]

Reference AC/fc

info %5

I read that storage crawler is to do with indexing of items. We are running EV 8 SP 4 on MS Windows 2003 Server. Any help is appreciated.

• Dumb question, I know, but have you tried rebooting the machine?

Cheers

6 Replies

• Try the following

1. Go to Start -> Run -> Type "dcomcnfg" and press OK
    2. Expand out "Component Services" -> Computers -> My Computer -> DCOM Config
    3. Find "EnterpriseVault.StorageCrawler" and right click and go to Properties
    4. Click the Identity tab
    5. Retype in the password and confirm the password for your EVAdmin account
    6. Press OK
    7. Restart the Enterprise Vault Storage Service

If the errors still come up then
    8. Go to Start -> Run -> type "cmd" and press Enter
    9. CD to your \Program Files\Enterprise Vault directory
    10. Type "storagecrawler /regserver" and press enter
    11. Restart storage service once more

Hopefully that should stop the errors

• Hi JesusWept2,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I retried both the above steps but to no avail. I still get the error messages.

Ray.

• I am also now getting alerts regarding a large number of archived items waiting to be indexed.

• Dumb question, I know, but have you tried rebooting the machine?

Cheers

• So theres a couple more things you can do

You can change the password in the VAC, this will re-register each DCOM package and reset the password on all of them as well as updating the services etc etc

Or you can do a reinstall of the EV binaries, it won't affect your configuration or your databases, it will just refresh all of the files, re-register all the DLL's and EXE's that you have etc that might work

• i'll be damned! A reboot fixed it. I should have tried that first! Sorry guys and thanks a lot!