Forum Discussion

zulu-5
Level 3
15 years ago

SynchInMigrationMode value

Hi everyone,

Before I started my Xch2003 ->> Xch2007 move I set this value to "1" as described here: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/284956.htm. All went wonderfully. I had not one problem during the move.

However, when I was adding that key, there was no \KVS under the \software. So I had to create the whole structure myself. Not sure that it actually worked as intended. Because now (for unrelated reasons) I had to re-create the whole bunch of old users, which had associated archives in EV. After I re-created those users, none of them has re-joint their associated archive. All happily remained disconnected. I could re-add a respective user to their associated archive as a "Bill usage to: Account unknown (\S-1-5......." and then synchronise the archive (from the task properties). This would happily do the trick and the user would be added as default permission holder to the archive and all the rest of it. But this is a lengthy option as I have many of those users to do and no time to fiddle with each one. All of them have been added to the target group (for the provisioning task) and I waited several days now. Nothing happened so far.

I wonder if there is anything alse I have to do. Perhaps a policy change.

I'm running EV8 SP1 (on Wind2008 x64), with Xchange 2007.

Regards
Igs

• you should have put the key under the wow64node part of the registry, so it'd be

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\wow6432node\KVS\Enterprise Vault

try that and see if that helps

6 Replies

• you should have put the key under the wow64node part of the registry, so it'd be

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\wow6432node\KVS\Enterprise Vault

try that and see if that helps
  • hmm. Nothing happens still. I have to run synchronisation manually. Then all falls into place. I don't want to run the synch task for all mailboxes and I can't run it for each mailbox one by one. Is there a way for this key to join the mailboxes with their respective archive automatically?
  • Synchronization occurs twice a day if configured and archiving will also perform the same operations as synchronization so i really don't see an issue here
  • The issue is that unless I run the sycnhronisation manually (via the task properties for selected mailboxes), the newly created mailboxes are not associated with their respective archives. Permissions still show as "Account unknown (\S-1-5-21....."
  • Manual synch vs auto sync do the exact same things, the only difference is that manual sync you can choose not to do the folder heierachy and permissions sync etc when the auto sync goes through, are you seeing a build up in the A queues? Maybe they're simply not processing