Forum Discussion

Clint
Level 3
12 years ago

MySymantec Customer Support Manage Case Link Down?

After logging into MySymantec, can anyone get to the "Manage Case" link under the Customer Support section without always being prompted by that customer support portal registration form?  I previously filled out the form via the "Create Case" link to open up a non-technical support case for a licensing issue.  Unless it's just me, it'd be really weird if we have to fill out this form every time we need to create/manage a case.

Note that I get the same results using PCs with and without going through our proxy server, OSes ranging from WinXP, Win7 and Win7 x64, and IE versions from 7 to 9.  Either something's wrong with our ISP or Symantec's Customer Support website is a bit messed up right now.  I can get to my Technical Support cases just fine so hoping the problem is on Symantec's end.

• My local Symantec SE ended up talking to someone internally who reset my SymAccount after which I could FINALLY get into Customer Support case management!  It's unfortunate frontline support wasn't able to do this so I could've avoided all of the phone calls I made trying to get people to understand the problem I was having.

4 Replies

• FYI: According to one of my local Symantec contacts, I was supposed to get an e-mail with a Security Validation Key after filling out the registration form but I've never received such a message for my numerous attempts.  This explains why the system keeps prompting me for info.  I'll have to talk to tech support to resolve this issue.

• I've already called the number listed here in addition to a tech support and customer support number but they keep bouncing me back and forth between the two groups.  Customer Support says it's a technical problem and Tech Support says because I'm not having a technical problem with one of their products to call customer support.  They don't seem to know who to contact if I'm having a MySymantec website issue.

Anyway, I called Customer Care again today where the person I spoke to said he'd forward my case to another group although couldn't tell me exactly who would handle the case.  He just gave me a precanned response to expect a response in 24-48 hour but think they told me the same thing last week when I first called.  Now I'll have to wait till Friday and hope that they understand the issue I'm having.  Thank goodness I don't have a problem creating/managing tech support cases.

• My local Symantec SE ended up talking to someone internally who reset my SymAccount after which I could FINALLY get into Customer Support case management!  It's unfortunate frontline support wasn't able to do this so I could've avoided all of the phone calls I made trying to get people to understand the problem I was having.