Forum Discussion

Stanleyj
Level 6
13 years ago

Cancel retrying (AIR) Import job on 5200 master

I have configured one of my 5200's as a master server and put it in our dr site.  Im am using AIR and import SLP's to replicate the data to the DR appliance.

Since I upgraded my datacenters netbackup to 7.5 imports for my cataloge backups are failing.  Support has already confirmed this is a bug and will be fixed in the next release (7.5) of the appliance. So I have stopped replication of the cataloge backups.

But...

My issue is the original failing imports will not stop retrying.  This has been going on for weeks and i cant seem to figure out how to stop them on the appliance.  I've ran commands in the past for my windows NBU master serve to get jobs to start but this is my first go around with an appliance.

Does any one know how to kill these jobs?  Each one shows the same info in them and they have been retrying for weeks now.  Thanks. 

• Im sorry for using this post to walk my self thru troubleshooting the issue but i figured out how to cancel the jobs

unix> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd # nbstlutil cancel -force -lifecycle NBU_Catalog_Daily_Full_AIR

This cancels the pending imports for the SLP.  i was able to delete it after running the above command.

3 Replies

• I get this message when i try and delete the SLP associated with the import process that keeps retrying.

• I researched the error i listed above and found a command to show me what images are still being processed but not much luck on how to stop them.  Below is the output from:

nbstlutil stlilist -U -lifecycle NBU_Catalog_Daily_Full_AIR

Copy to stu_disk_drnbuappl01 of type IMPORT is IN_PROCESS
    Image p190fil04.gfbmic.com_1333394855 for Lifecycle NBU_Catalog_Daily_Full_AIR is NOT_STARTED

• Im sorry for using this post to walk my self thru troubleshooting the issue but i figured out how to cancel the jobs

unix> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd # nbstlutil cancel -force -lifecycle NBU_Catalog_Daily_Full_AIR

This cancels the pending imports for the SLP.  i was able to delete it after running the above command.