Forum Discussion

10 years ago

change ip address for netbackup appliance

Dears

i need solution for change primary ip for netbackup appliance i see this link

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO94264

br

ali

• run bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache on all servers (and clients if they have an issue as well).

4 Replies

• An ip change should not affect the applaince if your DNS is setup correctly. Make sure that the hosts files are modified if needed

• What exactly is your question?  Are you looking for how to change the IP specifically?  If this is for the primary network, use the unconfigure command and then run the configure command with the new IP address, netmask, gateway and eth device you wish to use.  If you currently have a bond, disable that bond first.  As SymTerry suggests, if you are using hosts files, make sure that you modify the hosts file to add the new IP, or if you are using DNS that the hostname resolves properly to the new IP.

• dears

thanks all

i solve it by configure eth0 and remove bound0 (eth4&eth5) by Web :D and reconfiguring

by using Configure Command and change all IP for master server in All clinet and dr site

but now i face a new problem media open error :( ;i will try to solve it

thanks

br

ali

• run bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache on all servers (and clients if they have an issue as well).