Forum Discussion

Doug_L1
Level 2
12 years ago

6.5.4 bparchive command

Is it possible to set the parameters in bparchive.cmd on when a file is archived\deleted after the backup runs.

• Not sure exactly what you mean - but if you mean don't delete it until an hour after the archive has completed (or similar) then i don't think it would be possible

There maybe a way to use a bpend_notify script file to create a pause after the process completes before the final notification and hence the deletion - but not sure if that would work for a bparchive command

But there are no switches that I know of - once the archive has completed witha 100% success then the files will be deleted

Hope this helps

2 Replies

• Not sure exactly what you mean - but if you mean don't delete it until an hour after the archive has completed (or similar) then i don't think it would be possible

There maybe a way to use a bpend_notify script file to create a pause after the process completes before the final notification and hence the deletion - but not sure if that would work for a bparchive command

But there are no switches that I know of - once the archive has completed witha 100% success then the files will be deleted

Hope this helps

• I agree with Mark.

I had a flick through the manuals, nothing I can find suggests that this is possible.

I don;t even think a bpend script would work, as this is run after the job has 'completed', and so at that point the file would have been deleted.

Martin