Forum Discussion

A_M_Ash_
Level 6
13 years ago

cannot connect to client (58)

hi ,

i have a problem with NB 7.0.1 that :

the Backup fail due to

error bpbrm  & cannot connect to client (58) ..  i started to ping to the client server and it responses correctly

i also retry the backup in other day but still have the same issue.

any help   ..  thanks

• You DO NOT need all of those ports.

Pre-7.0.1 will use vnetd (13724) only.

As from 7.0.1, PBX (1556) will be tried first. If that fails, vnetd will be tried.

Port requirements are documented in this TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136090

The bpcd log above is from a successful connection.

If no log is created on other clients, chances are that ports are blocked.

24 Replies

• Kindly confirm ..

I can see total 7 client you added in single policy so, for which client you are facing the issue ?

Also let us know what about the connectivity status for other remaining client from same policy ?

• As per my previous post - it depends on the NBU version in your environment.

See the TN for details.

I normally recommend to request BOTH 1556 and 13724 (bi-directional).

Please have a good look at the TN for Master  <-> client  and Media server <-> client comms.

• OK - you have lots of requests so i will add my input and take things back to basics first.

I am assuming that the backups for most of your clients fail except for the one so try this:

1. on each client run "bpps -a" to ensure that NetBackup is actually installed and its service are running.

2. If service are not running then run /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bp.start_all to fire it up. If there is no /usr/openv/netbackup directory then it is not installed!

3. It looks like the Master and Media Servers can ping each client so make sure the client can ping the Master and Media Servers (by short name - FQDN can cause issues)

4. Check on each client that its /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf file has the SERVER = Master first in its list followed by any Media Servers and also that it has its own CLIENT name shown correctly

Hope fully these 4 things can be done in just a couple of minutes (at least on one cleint as an initial test) and depending on the results move on to more advanced things

• hi,

the problem of connectivity from master server and the 7 clients solved by opening ports at the firwall  ,  but we face alot of issue that made some problem to reach this solution   ...thanks alot for all who support me and for your care